Lack of sugars and do not lead to obesity
Sugars in Bilberry Extract are removed, such that it is suitable for all kinds of people to consume.
The best selling eye supplement
Bilberry Extract was awarded as Wastons Health and Beauty Awards — The Best Selling Brain Health Product for many consecutive years from 2006. This shows the high quality and sales of our products, such that the Bilberry Extract becomes the best selling eye supplement.
- For children under 12: take 1 capsule per day
- For adults: take 2 – 3 capsules per day
Content: 300mg X 60 capsules
- Rhodopsin is a light sensitive pigment in the retina that is responsible for both the formation of the photoreceptor cell and the first events in the perception of light. VMA has a high anti-oxidative effect. It increases rhodopsin formation, which helps our eyes to adjust the light changes and improve sharpness of our vision.
- Bilberries contain VMA that promotes rhodopsin recomposition, speed up visual cycle, and improve eyesight and eye functions day and night. Meiriki – Bilberry Extract contain high concentration of VMA (36%) and it provides nutrients for making of visual pigments. Meiriki – Bilberry Extract relieves eye tiredness, bringing a refreshing feeling to the tired and sore eyes in 4 hours.
Relief of eye dryness
- Meiriki – Bilberry Extract contains high concentration of VMA. It balances our tear secretion and relieves eye dryness. It also prevents loss of rhodopsin and increase the sensitivity of our retina. Bilberry Extract is a powerful supplements for the elderly and contact lens user.
Remove dark circle and relieve eye tiredness
- Dark circle is due to poor blood circulation in our eyes. Meiriki – Bilberry Extract strengthens eye capillaries flexibility and promotes blood circulation. It removes dark circle and eye bags. It also inhibits capillary permeability, removes excess water and reduces pressure in the vein. Children who consume VMA for 8 weeks relieve eye tiredness, reduce eye discomfort and blurred vision.
Filter out harmful blue light2, 3
- Meiriki – Bilberry Extract contains lutein which can filter out potentially phototoxic blue light and near-ultraviolet radiation from the macula (eye yellow spot). Lutein is also a powerful anti-oxidant. It reduces the effect of harmful free radicals on the macular pigment and protects our eyesight.
Maintain the retina and visual health4, 5
- DHA is an essential element the brain and retina. 40% polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) in brain and 60% PUFA in retina is DHA. DHA can strengthen brain function and enhance messages transmission.
- J Lee, et al. Purified high-dose anthocyanoside oligomer administration improves nocturnal vision and clinical symptoms in myopia subjects. British Journal of Nutrition (2005).
- E.J. Johnson, et al. The influence of supplemental lutein and docosahexaenoic acid on serum, lipoproteins, and macular pigmentation. Am J Clin Nutr (2008)
- J.S.L. Tan, et al. Dietary antioxidants and the long-term incidence of age-related macular degeneration: the Blue Mountains eye study. Ophthalmology (2008).
- C. T. O. Nguyen, et al. Dietary omega-3 fatty acids and ganglion cell function. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science (2008).
- M. Singh, Essential Fatty Acids, DHA and Human Brain, Indian Journal of Pediatrics (2005).